If your home is like our home and your children love pasta, try making this homemade marinara sauce which instantly makes any dish more flavourful and fancy. With simple ingredients and the powerful, herbal flavours of Basil and Oregano oil, this Roasted Marinara Sauce is the perfect companion to your favourite plates of pasta, casseroles, and Italian dishes and the children love the flavours.
2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil oil
1 toothpick Oregano oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil to the top of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for one to two hours or until tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Add Basil and Oregano oil and stir.
Tip: Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.
Find more recipes!